Work on our new entrance is continuing, sited in a safer location further up the hill, with a new car-park for five cars. Yesterday we relocated a pair of old granite gate-posts, neither of which had been used for several years (one of them was even lying down in the yard), to flank the new entrance, and today the tarmac section was completed. We hope the new entrance will be in use by Christmas.
Wednesday, November 27, 2019
As part of National Tree Week, on Monday 25th November we planted the first 50 of 200 native trees planned for this winter. The first 50 were planted by local volunteers around our new car-park and entrance, to screen the car-park whilst providing a food source for birds. We planted blackthorn, hawthorn, dogwood, guelder rose, goat willow, and redcurrants.
Small £6 box - Crown Prince squash, leeks, kale, potatoes, and carrots (see above).
Standard £10 box - all the above, plus celeriac, cauliflower and spring greens.
Please contact us on 788454 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
|Rex, our long-term volunteer from Holland, running our stall.|
We will be holding a Winter Fair here at the farm on Sunday 8th December from midday till 3:30pm.
- Stalls with crafts, plants, food, information, and fundraising.
- Our farm shop with some Christmas gift ideas.
- Farm Christmas hamper orders being taken.
- Farm tours.
- Meet the chickens and help collect eggs.
- Live music from Pendeen Junior Band, Pendeen Silver Band, plus a folk duo.
- The pop-up Cowshed Cafe.
- A campfire (weather permitting).
- Plus the unveiling of our new "Seedbox" multipurpose space inside the packing shed.
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
|Desperately attempting to make the cob building weatherproof before the onset of winter proper.|
|The main section of damage to the packing shed roof repaired.|
|Creating our new space within the packing shed, to be a multifunctional room, but as yet unchristened!|