500g potatoes (peeled)
100g semolina flour or polenta
150g strong flour
2 egg yolks
- Boil swede and potatoes until soft.
- Mix in food processor until very runny.
- Add egg yolks and put the mixture back in a pan. Bring to the boil then continue to cook on a low heat for about an hour in total.
- Season (salt/pepper) and add flours.
- Knead into a dough on a floured board and break off little balls. Squash between hands to make gnocchi shapes.
- Put them in boiling, salted water and cook until they rise to the surface of the water.
- Drain and eat with favourite sauce.
One idea for serving the gnocchi:
Fry some sage leaves in butter and some small-chopped rainbow chard stalks. Add the gnocchi and fry until brown and slightly crispy. Add grated cheese.
Serve on a bed on a bed of quickly-fried chard leaves.