Monday, April 27, 2015

Planting onions.

This morning we planted about 80% of this years onions, putting the sets of Sturon and Red Baron in by use of a modified plug-planter on the back of the tractor, with two volunteers feeding sets down a tube for four hours. The remaining 20%, all of them red onions, will go in next week once we've prepared the next patch of ground (now that our cauliflowers and red cabbages are finished).
Choi and Aggie on the planter.

Choi and Aggie checking the onion lines for stragglers.

Anne and Julien on the planter.

No comments:

Post a Comment